Monday, July 26, 2010

The Beginnings- summarizing the first few weeks

The first week consisted of so many introductions. Introductions to Rafael, our teacher. To our cameras. To the art of taking photos. Introductions to the park at which we took our first photographs. (Where many of us also discovered how novice of artists we were) To Photoshop. To guest speakers.

If introductions was a pet peeve of mine, I probably would have killed myself.
(Not to be taken seriously at any point.)

However I fell in love with every person I met the first day. Demeno, Johanna, Gen, Evangelina, Alan, Tam, Max, Tyree, Rafael (& later Fizan).


Okay, so I take it back. I didn't fall in love with all of them the first day. It might have taken a few days to warm up. Nevertheless, everyday I was given a new chance to learn something new about each and every one of them. If watching Inception hadn't demolished my beliefs on time/reality I would have definitely said that the first week felt something a year.


(The picture shown above was taken when all of us went to a nearby creek and practiced using our newly learned photo-taking skills. Ever since Rafael had shown us the slideshow about how there were so many departments within Photography, I was intrigued by commercial & food photography in particular.)

No comments:

Post a Comment