Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An Iceburg Named "Journalism"




This is probably one of my favorites shots of today. Contrary to the previous photographs I've taken of Alan, he actually looks his age! (Thank you, Photoshop!)

Now to the main part of the this entry, which has nothing whatsoever to do with Alan!

Up until today, I was on an Alaskan Cruise of Photography. However, on the way to Juneau, I met an iceburg named Journalism. At Boeing's Paper Airplane event at the Delridge Community Library, I found myself in the middle of a swarm of little kids (most of whom I didn't have the permission to take & publish photographs of), and was astoundedly overwhelmed. There was so much going on! We had to take pictures of the kids, interview and photograph adults, and simultaneously try to figure out the 5 W's + H (Who, What, When etc). Perhaps I wasn't mentally prepared for all the commotion.

Fortunately enough, we returned to the quiet and peaceful RecTech Room at the Community Center. It was so nice to be back home. Or so I thought. In the last 15 minutes, Gen and I were furiously trying to coalesce all of our writings into a single article to be sent to the West Seattle Blog. Though it felt much like the iceberg I hit in Juneau, it was that much more familiar. It was then and there that I again realized that being an editor may be just be my thing.The second Gen and I finished, was the second that we completed our first official mission at RecTech and I was surprised how oddly smooth it went despite all the iceburgs.

No comments:

Post a Comment