Thursday, August 19, 2010

900 12th Ave. Seattle, WA 98122


Great place. I even know it's address by heart because I've typed it into a GPS several times these past few weeks. Once, into Shirley, and yesterday into my GPS whose name is unknown. (Sidenote: Fizan & Gen were wondering about my GPS's name and it suddenly horrified me that I had no clue. Honestly, it sounds a lot like a Shirley..)

So yesterday was awesome! It was my first time shooting in a Photo Studio and if I had the choice, I would have stayed there the whole day. (Unless I was there alone, that would be odd.) I was surprised to find that it was so easy for me to see everyone in certain poses, but once I became the subject of the camera, I drew blanks pretty often. I regret not going earlier because the longer I waited, the hotter it got, and the sweatier I became and the glossier I looked in the photographs. I also wish I had brought a few props for Tam, of whom I was photographing. Nevertheless, it was something memorable and I think everyone left with great shots. Next time (and there will be a next time) I'm definitely doing a jumping shot and a silhouette.

Today was mostly editing the photographs that were taken yesterday and turning them into possible Public Service Announcements (PSA). Find PSA quotes was so difficult! You'd think google was capable of anything. Apparently not, when it comes to the safety of the public! I found one for Alan's picture of Johanna on her phone: "plz dnt txt & drive" and even found Max one for the picture of him and his bike: "Share the road. Save a life" but nothing whatsoever for the shots I took of Tam. All I could think of was turning them into Nike ads but unforunately that doesn't do much other than brainwash the public into spending a bit of their sporadic bonuses.

We also decided to make some changes to the T-shirts. The front would be a photograph of our choice and the back would be of Gen's design. I can't wait to mine! It's a little odd to be wearing a shirt with everyone's faces on them, but it's definitely better than wearing just my own face. I think one face per body is adequate, don't you?

We got our invitations and when I handed it to my mom, I was so embaressed by her first question, that I considered changing the date on the paper when she wasn't looking.

Well now that I am done procrastinating for my SAT homework, I think that I should probably go start that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment