Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Compass of Non-profit Sunday

So Saturday night I designed an ad for a non-profit I intern for, Washington State India Trade Relations Action Committee (WASITRAC). It wasn't the most beautiful design in the history of Arts, but my dad was satisfied with it. (Which is actually not saying much because he makes for a horrible judge.)



But one thing I was surprised by was how quickly I started. Normally if my dad requested me to work on something for WASITRAC I would procrastinate for atleast a week and then I would finally feel obliged to sit down down with him one on one and ask him for the design requirements. And even then, I most likely would not have started designing! No... definitely not. That would probably require another week of stretching...

As I looked eagerly into compass for an answer to my sudden change in procrastinative behaviour, the arrow only led me to one place: RecTech.
I know this may sound as cheesy as mozzarella sticks dipped in jalapeno cheddar sauce, but I think RecTech has actually improved the my lazy Photoshop-affiliated habits.

One thing that has been the most handy is the masking option in CS3. I can't describe how useful it is! The other selection tools are so hard to work with sometime that I'm so relieved that Adobe creating something so simple but efficient. Oh, and the other genius invention of theirs' definitely includes the "Select Inverse." I used both of these methods so frequently while designing the ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment