Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Pandora Approach

So yesterday (Monday), the day started out with our first group debriefing: Leslie and Rafael talked about what we had to get done in the last few weeks of the internship, ideas for how we can improve next year’s summer internship and ideas about internships they could have throughout the year. Though my brain was burnt out from an SAT class from that same morning, I was conscious enough to realize a few things. We really do have a lot of things left to do! A PowerPoint of our best work… Finish designing our RecTech T-shirt, finish up articles for the White Center Food Bank & Duwamish Tribe Chairwoman, Cecile Hansen… Write up a few articles for Puget Sound Off… Though half of me is overwhelmed, I constantly have to remind myself that I’m not alone on all of this.

This past weekend, I went to Golden Gardens for a bonfire event, and boy did I regret going. Not only did I leave so early I missed the bonfire, but it was such a beautiful place that it was a shame that I left my camera at home. Above the twisted, narrow road that I was struggling to pay attention to while driving, was a exceptionally surreal and amazingly green canopy that reminded me of various ambiences like that of Pandora from “Avatar.” In fact, I thought the trees were prettier than the beach itself.

However, this weekend was great in that I finally used the Photoshop that’s been yearning for my love and waiting at my computer’s desktop for months. CS3 intimidated me so much that I gave it as many visits as I do to my grandma. Anyhow, with this internship, this new CS3 confidence, and some Pandora inspiration, I took a few hours on Saturday to take a few self-portraits and then Photoshop them. And since Raf was talking about how we’re going to experiment and explore with studio lighting at the studio center this Thursday, I tried to get some inspiration by playing with light a little beforehand. Here is one of my best creations yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment