Saturday, August 14, 2010

Capturing this Weekend

Because I've been carrying my Nikon every day to work, I completely lose my energy on the weekends. Weekends are when I "borrow" and my mom's Canon PowerShot SD790. Until recently, I didn't know that the PowerShot had options similar to SLRs. For example, I didn't it had its own light meter (exposure) or that you could change its ISO. However, it still doesn't compare to the Nikon which can take great pictures with minimal Photoshop adjustments. I had to photoshop every single photo that you will come across in this entry.

So first, Genki Sushi! My favorite conveyor-belt sushi place! I have yet to go to Sushiland, but from what I've heard, it's loud, the sushi is poor-quality and it's almost always crowded. Genki Sushi on the other hand, because it's fairly new, remains moderately vacant in between the standard meal times. And for such an expensive looking place, the sushi is actually affordable! Especially if you start off with one of their $3 bowls, which includes Kitsune Udon, Tempura Udon, Tonkotsu Ramen and a few others.

Here is a shot of one of my friend's plates:



And later that night, she was very enthusiastic about henna, so we drew mario characters on each other. Here is the Toad tattoo she made for me:



She stayed up later than me and designed her full hand...



The next day we went to an indoor (thank god! it was 97 degrees that day) lu'au in Lakewood. At Asia Pacific Cultural Center's annual lu'au we watched polynesian dancers perform as we ate the most delicious kahlua pig, salmon, chicken wings, green banana, rice and more. At the very end of the event, a Samoan princess, with freshly done traditional tattoos from Samoa, performed as the audience threw money (donations) at her. Though this would not be appropriate in many cultures, this is actually a Samoan tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment